We all love simple and fun crafts this time of year to help decorate our homes with and this is one of my new favorites! Using some easy things you have around the house and a few minutes of time you can create this Easy Homemade Candy Cane Wreath! What a great use for those scratched up CD’s or DVD’s that would otherwise go in the trash! This one is fun and easy for the kids to help out with or classy enough to be given as a gift to your friends and family this year.
EASY HOMEMADE CANDY CRANE WREATH
- 14-20 Candy Canes
- Hot Glue
- Small ornament for center (optional)
- Paint your CD the color of you choice, and while paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter over it. Set aside to dry.
- While the paint is drying, arrange your candy canes in a circular pattern.
- Once the paint on the CD is dry, using hot glue, glue your candy canes to the back of the CD; allow glue to dry.
- Once the glue has dried, string your ribbon through the center hole on the CD.
- To give it a finished look, hot glue an additional ornament onto the front of the CD.
What a fun craft using simple items around the house and grabbed inexpensively at your local dollar store. These would make a great project for a daycare or babysitter to do with kids as it involved glitter and paint. What child doesn’t love playing with glitter and paint? This Easy Candy Cane Wreath is simply beautiful hung on your door for the holiday season!