Everyone loves a soft and delicious sugar cookie, but even better is a soft and delicious Peppermint Cookie Pop! This is the perfect time of year to get the kids involved and to create some adorable cookie pops that will please both your palate and your eye! Using a basic sugar cookie recipe with adaptations and a few minutes of prep you can create this fun treats that will surely be the hit of the holiday party!
PEPPERMINT COOKIE POP
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- Popsicle Sticks
- Parchment Paper
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolk and peppermint extract.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder and slowly add into wet mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Divide dough in half and color one half red.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once dough has chilled, roll one white ball and one red ball into a 3-inch line, like a snake.
- Place the two lines side by side, and roll them into a circle. Place on top of a Popsicle stick on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Yields: 1 Dozen
These cute Peppermint Cookie Pops are great as a cookie bouquet for a gift, perfect for kids parties or a special adult party this holiday season. I love the idea of having a chocolate fondue or chocolate fountain and crushed peppermints to dip these into for an added complimentary flavor profile. As you can see, using the “pop” method also makes them hands and mess free so much easier to take and give to kids at the classroom parties this year. Grab some inexpensive holiday themed cellophane bags and wrap them individually to send home as party favors or treats. Whatever you do, involved the kids and enjoy this fun holiday treat!
Don’t miss out on all of our great holiday treats and recipes!