Throwing a New Years Eve party this year? Nothing is more classic than this Homemade Salsa and Chips! So simple to throw together with your food processor and so delicious. We love that if you prefer a milder or spicier flavor you can easily adapt with less jalapeno or more in your own version of this simple recipe. Serve with these yummy homemade chips or your favorite brand picked up using coupons!
HOMEMADE SALSA AND CHIPS
- 1 can Whole Tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies (10 oz)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- juice of 1/2 Lime
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 3/4 cup Corn oil
- Unless you have a really large food processor, you should prepare this in 2 smaller batches.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Run until you get the consistency salsa you like.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least 1 hour before using.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 pieces.
- Put oil in heavy skillet about 1/4″ depth.
- Heat oil in over medium high.
- Cook tortilla chips for about 2 minutes until the start to turn brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel covered plate.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- If you want to reduce oil you can also bake chips on cookie sheet in 350 oven for 12-14 minutes (turning halfway through).
Pick up a few unique bowls to serve the salsa in and play around with different chips, crackers or veggies to dip and scoop it with. This homemade salsa and chips is a great and easy way to make a last minute appetizer or snack for your New Years Eve party or even Sunday afternoon football games!
Check out all of our great recipes for other fun and delicious foods!