We love fresh homemade bread and nothing beats this Basic Simple Crock Pot Bread recipe. So quick and easy to mix up and simple to set and bake while you work you can’t beat pulling this out and slicing with a smear of your favorite butter and honey mixture for a sweet treat or a savory side to your favorite winter meal.
BASIC SIMPLE CROCK POT BREAD
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp or 1 packet Yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar or Honey
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup warm (not hot!) Water
- Measure flour into large bowl.
- Add salt, sugar and yeast and mix together well.
- Add Oil and water.
- Stir with a spoon until it gets stiff and sticky.
- Work the dough with your hands (occasionally scraping dough off your fingers) until it forms a nice ball.
- If it stays too sticky add a bit more flour (1/4 cup at a time). If it gets too dry add a bit more water (teaspoon at a time).
- When it get a good ball, scatter flour on you work surface and turn out ball on to surface..
- Knead dough for 5-6 minutes.
- Line crockpot with parchment paper.
- Place dough in crock pot and cook on high for 1 – 1 1/2 hours. You will need to lift bread out with the parchment paper to see if the bottom is browning.
- When bottom is browning, place loaf under broiler for a couple of minutes to brown top.
Your whole family will love the Basic Crock Pot Bread. Not only is it great for sandwiches and treats it is also a great side to go with your favorite pot roast and vegetables, big bowl of chili or even a yummy vegetable soup!
Check out all of our great Recipe posts for all of your winter meal needs!
Danna Perrone says
Thanks for this bread recipe – I’m trying it tomorrow!!!!