One of our family’s favorite things to do when the weather warms up in the Spring is to head out to the Zoo or to one of the local Spring Carnvials. Of course, when we do we have to buy some yummy treats and my personal favorite is the funnel cakes they have at the food trucks. To remedy the craving I often get for these I use this great Easy Homemade Funnel Cakes recipe. Not only is it super simple to whip up at home but it only takes a few minutes to fry and voila you have your favorite food truck treat waiting for you to snack on at home!
EASY HOMEMADE FUNNEL CAKES
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 quart vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Combine salt, baking powder and flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream eggs, sugar and milk in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and beat until smooth.
- Batter needs to be thin enough to pour.
- Heat the oil to 375 in a heavy skillet. Make sure the oil is at least 1 – 1 1/2″ deep.
- Use a funnel, squirt bottle or plastic bag with the corner clipped to dispense batter. Each funnel cake should use about half a cup of batter.
- Pour batter into oil in circular motion overlapping itself.
- Fry until golden brown then turn over carefully and fry other side for one minute.
- Drain on paper towels, sift powdered sugar over cake.
Don’t forget the powdered sugar and of course tons of napkins when making these yummy Easy Homemade Funnel Cakes! We also serve with a drizzle of caramel, chocolate or strawberry syrup for an added special dessert feel.
Don’t miss out on all of our great Recipes shared here daily!