We all know Easter is on it’s way when we begin to see those lovely blue, green, yellow and red foil wrapped eggs at the grocery store checkouts. Now you can make a batch of these Homemade Cadbury Eggs not just at Easter but any time you have the craving for that sweet and gooey concoction. Be warned, once your family knows you can make these at home you will have requests for them all the time.
HOMEMADE CADBURY EGGS
1/2 cup Corn Syrup
1/4 cup softened Butter
3 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Yellow Food Coloring
12 oz Light Cocoa Candy Chips or Milk Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp Invertase (optional)
- Cream the corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar beating until incorporated.
- If you want to have the centers liquify, add the invertase at this point. The process will take several days after the candies are made.
- Transfer 1/3 of the filling to another bowl and yellow food coloring.
- Refrigerate both mixtures for at least 30 minuutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the Yellow mixture into about 1″ balls and place them on the parchment line sheet.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer until the yolk balls are firm.
- Grab a clump of white mixture and flatten into a circle. Place yellow ball in the middle and wrap the white around it forming into an egg shape. Return to prepared sheet.
- Place in freezer until the egg shapes are solid.
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip egg into chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently tap on edge of the bowl allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place back on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes until chocolate has set.
While it is a rather lengthy process none of the steps are terribly difficult to accomplish in making these Homemade Cadbury Eggs. In fact it will be a great treat to make with some help with the kids this weekend! Add this and all of our other yummy Easter Recipes to your list for this great upcoming holiday weekend!