If you’ve ever woke up to a stuffy nose thanks to allergens in the air you know how nice it would be to be able to go to work with that always popular chest rub on your chest to help you breath. Unfortunately, smelling like a medicine cabinet doesn’t always suit your needs for the day, but this DIY Shower Decongestant Drop does. Not only do you get the healing and sinus clearing benefits of the classic chest rub, but you don’t have to smell like it all day in the process. On top of the relief you can feel, this is safe and effective for your kids and even babies.
DIY SHOWER DECONGESTANT DROPS
2 Cups Baking Soda
10 Drops Eucalyptus Oil
10 Drops Peppermint Oil
5 Drops Rosemary Oil
5 Drops Lavender Oil
- Gradually add water to baking soda until just wet enough to stick together and form a very thick paste.
- Add in all essential oils and mix well to incorporate throughout
- Place in mold of choice (recommend using smallish mold around 1”-2” in diameter)
- Allow to air dry overnight
- Remove from mold and store in air tight container
- Drop one in bottom of shower as needed to melt and allow essential oils to permeate and relief congestion.
These simple shower decongestant drops are a perfect quick pick me up in the morning to help you wake up when you didn’t get enough sleep, clear your congestion or help to sooth your body after a long workout. Since they are not ingested or placed on your body, you won’t leave home smelling like the medicine cabinet. The key essential oils used are the eucalyptus and peppermint but rosemary and lavender add great healing benefits as well as smells. If you prefer to go with just the eucalyptus and peppermint you can easily do so by increasing the amount slightly.
Store these decongestant drops in an air tight container. While you want them handy near your shower, you also want to prevent moisture from getting into them. Simply wrap them well in plastic wrap and store or drop them into a great air tight container and keep in your bathroom cabinet.