Nothing screams Fall and Back to School quite like a yummy caramel apple. These Easy Caramel Apples are sure to make your family happy this year! Whip them up for Fall Parties or make them for after school treats with the kids! Grab various sprinkles and crushed candies you love to roll them in for an extra bit of flavor and crunch! Plus, be sure to check out our delicious recipe for homemade Caramel Dip for Apples!
EASY CARAMEL APPLES
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Peanuts, Sprinkles or Candies to roll apples in optional.
- Heat water in a pot until hot but not boiling.
- Add 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Insert a stick into the stem of each apple
- Dip apples in water and swirl to melt and remove any wax
- Wipe with towel to dry and remove any remaning wax
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside
- In a pan, add 3/4 cup cream, corn syrup, butter and sugar.
- Cook to 245 degrees (firm ball stage).
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in remaining cream and vanilla.
- Dip and twirl apples in the caramel to coat.
- Let any excess drip off. Roll in chopped nuts, candies or sprinkles for extra crunch and flavor
- Place apples on prepared cookie sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set caramel.