Combine two of my favorites together in these Homemade Nutella Pop Tarts with this fun and easy recipe! This is a perfect Easter morning breakfast treat or just a fun surprise for after school this week. Nothing is as yummy as Nutella but when you combine it with light pastry and a glass of milk you have a breakfast that is positively divine. You’ll be fighting the family for this great treat!
HOMEMADE NUTELLA POP TARTS
2 1/2 cup Flour
1 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Butter
2 tbsp Milk
9 tbsp Nutella
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Work butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Whisk together one egg and milk and add to the flour mixture.
- Knead until ball forms.
- Turn dough out on to floured surface and knead for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Divide in half.
- On floured surface, roll out dough into a 9″ × 12” rectangle.
- Cut into 9 rectangles.
- Repeat with other piece of dough.
- Make an eggwash by beating the remaining egg and brush over entire surface of first 9 rectangles.
- Place a tablespoon of Nutella on top of each egg washed rectangle and spread. Be sure to leave 1/2″ bare around edges.
- Place a rectangle on top of filling and press with fingertips to seal around edges.
- Use the tines of a fork to seal all around.
- Poke top with fork to allow steam to vent.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
Make sure to make double batches so you get to try a few of these Homemade Nutella Pop Tarts yourself. Trust me, once the kids try them they will be gone in seconds!
Don’t miss out on all the great fun and tasty Recipes we share here daily!