Nothing is as fun as making play dough with the kids unless it is this Homemade Gingerbread or Peppermint Play Dough. This is a perfect and fun activity to do with the kids during the busy holidays. Give them something to do that is fun and smells great as well as something that could be a great gift for the kids to make for their friends on your holiday shopping list!
HOMEMADE GINGERBREAD OR PEPPERMINT PLAY DOUGH
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring (optional)
- In a Medium Sized Pan whisk together your Flour, Salt and Cream of Tartar
- Add Water and Oil.
- Add Food Coloring if desired.
- Wisk until you have a smooth consistency with no lumps.
- Place your pan over low heat and stir constantly until your mixture thickens. This will take 3-5 minutes and you will need a strong arm. When you have a big ball/lump, your dough is finished.
- Knead your dough for a minute or two.
- Store in a Sealed container.
- Just add these ingredients into the above dry ingredients
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Add 1/2 tsp Vanilla and blue, yellow and red food coloring into the wet ingredients until you have a brown color before placing on heat.
- Just add 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and red food coloring into the above wet ingredients before placing on heat.
If you decide to give this fun and easy Homemade Gingerbread or Peppermint Play Dough as a gift you can simply pick up some inexpensive air tight containers to store it in and even print off these cute Play Dough Labels to glue or stick on the top or side of your containers! This is the perfect easy to make gift for your kids to help you create to share with the other kids on your holiday gift list this year!