Sometimes you just have to throw together a last minute treat for a kids class party, friends coming over or just because you want something yummy to snack on. These Semi-Homemade Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes are a perfect solution we have found to that conundrum of “what to make?”. Not only are they delicious but they don’t take a lot of time or skill in the kitchen. Stock up on your favorite cake mixes when they go on sale and you can use coupons for great deals and make treats like this all the time! So delicious nobody will know you didn’t make it totally from scratch!
SEMI-HOMEMADE RED VELVET MINI CUPCAKES
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
2 TBS Cocoa Powder
½ Cup Oil
1 cup Buttermilk (can substitute 1 cup whole milk + 2 TBS vinegar)
1 Bottle Red Food Coloring (1 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix and cocoa, add in oil, eggs, buttermilk, and food coloring.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared mini-muffin pan and bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, transfer to wire rack.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1 package (3 ounces) Cream Cheese
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Cups Whipping Cream
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- On high speed, add in whipping cream and beat until stiff.
- Pour into prepared pastry bag, fitted with star tip.
- Starting along the outside edge, pipe into a spiral.
- Top with sprinkles.
These delicious cupcakes are such a fun treat for the upcoming Valentine’s Day Parties at your kids schools! Making Semi-Homemade Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes will make you a star to all who enjoy them. Delicious, easy and inexpensive these are truly a perfect treat!
Don’t miss out on all of our great Recipes!