We spend hundreds of dollars a year on special lotions and creams to make our skin look and feel better, but how about making something at home for a fraction of the cost that is even better for you? This Easy Homemade Body Butter is a great way to quench your thirsty skin as well as an excellent gift item to give for Mother’s Day, Teachers Appreciation Gifts or just because!
EASY HOMEMADE BODY BUTTER
½ Cup Cocoa Butter
½ Cup Shea Butter
½ Cup Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Vitamin E oil
Essential Oil of Choice
1 Tbsp Cornstarch (Optional)
Stand or Hand Mixer
- In a double boiler, combine cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil and allow to melt over low heat.
- Once everything is melted, allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add in essential oil and cornstarch and beat on high speed, for 5-8 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Place back in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Place in a clean, dry airtight jar and enjoy!
Pick up a few decorative jars or containers at your local dollar store and put this luxurious but Easy Homemade Body Butter in them with a personalized label and gift to the ladies in your life. Make a double batch and keep some for yourself. We love playing with different essential oil scents to create custom smells. Citrus, Lavender, Eucalyptus and Mint are our favorites.