Chocolate Cherry Christmas Mice Recipe! With the holidays just around the corner it’s time to start thinking about all of those fun treats to create and share with friends and family. This adorable Chocolate Cherry Christmas Mice Recipe is not only easy and cute but has those traditional yummy flavors sure to please your holiday crowd. We love how simple they are to assemble and the fact that even the kids can get involved in this fun project.
Chocolate Cherry Christmas Mice Recipe
12 drained Maraschino Cherries with stems
12 Hersheys Kisses
1/2 cup Light Cocoa Candy Melts
1/8 cup White Candy Melts
24 Almond slices
- Heat Light Cocoa Candy Chips in small bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted
- Hold cherry by stem and dip in chocolate making sure to get complete coverage
- Place bottom of cherry against bottom of Hershey Kiss and place on wax paper.
- Gently insert 2 Almond slices between the cherry and the kiss to create ears.
- Allow to cool and set and refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Heat White Candy Chips in small bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using toothpick, gather up small bit of melted white chocolate and paint on each eye.
- Allow chocolate to set.
Store these adorable Chocolate Cherry Christmas Mice in an airtight container until ready to serve. We love creating a platter of homemade cookies, candies and fun creations like this to drop off to our favorite teachers, service employees, pastors, church secretaries, babysitters and neighbors. These are sure to be a hit as they are a cute spin on the classic holiday treat chocolate covered cherries that are always popular. If you are good with decorating you can easily pick up red and green icing and pipe on some stripes to create little elves out of these mice or perhaps even a Santa Clause mouse. Use your imagination to put your own spin on these cute little treats this year.