We love making delicious desserts but don’t always have the time. Semi-Homemade desserts are a great alternative. This Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is the perfect semi-homemade dessert just in time for the holidays. Grab a few extra items and your favorite Dark Chocolate Cake Mix picked up for free or cheap using coupons and create this beautiful and delicious holiday treat!
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BUNDT CAKE
- 1 box Dark Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- 3 Eggs (follow box)
- 1 cup Water (follow box)
- 1/3 Cup Oil (follow box)
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 8 oz Semi Sweet Morsels
- 4 oz Heavy Cream
- 10 Peppermint candies
- Follow Box directions to mix cake for bundt pan, but add peppermint extract to batter.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Place morsels in microwave safe bowl.
- Add heavy cream.
- Heat in 30 second increments and then stir until shiny and well blended.
- If mixture seems too thick add a bit more cream.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over cake allowing it to drizzle down sides.
- Crush peppermint candies in food processor.
- Sprinkle over chocolate ganache as a garnish.
This cake presents beautifully with the rich chocolate ganache and sprinkle of crushed peppermints. Nobody will know your Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is actually based on a boxed mix. You can even make these in individual cake pans for small single serving treats for a special dinner party.
Don’t miss out on our great holiday recipe lists! Tons of yummy and easy dessert and treat options!