You know the snack cakes you loved seeing tucked into your lunch box as a kid? Here is a great semi-homemade recipe for those perfect for Valentine’s Day! Create these Cream Filled Heart Brownies with your kids this weekend! Enjoy a luscious chocolate treat reminiscent of your childhood that the whole family can make together and enjoy!
CREAM FILLED HEART BROWNIES
- 1 box Dark Chocolate Fudge brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 7 oz Marshmallow Cream
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Prepare brownies according to box directions, but pour into heart shaped silicone mold (slightly overfill) or into lined cupcake tins.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes (until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean).
- Combine marshmallow cream, vanilla, and softened butter until blended to make filling.
- Transfer to piping bag or to zippered bag to use for piping.
- Remove top of each to make them flat and level.
- Core out a hole in the middle of each, removing brownie.
- Pipe in filling.
- Melt chocolate chips by microwaving for 30 seconds and then stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip top of each cake in chocolate and place on rack to cool.
- Place rack in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Transfer remaining filling to a smaller bag and clip very small piece off end in order to write messages on cakes.
Nothing tastes quite as good as these Cream Filled Heart Brownies will when you know you made them with love for your kids. Wrap them up with a special note of love and tuck in their lunch box or present as an after school treat. You might even want to send one as a surprise with your spouse to work this week for a friendly little love message.
If you love brownies, check out the top brownie recipes on our site:
- Smores Brownies
- Easy Low Fat Black Bean Brownies
- Cream Filled Heart Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Hearts
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Quick and Easy Brownies
See more great recipes on our site here: Recipes