Want to make something super fun with the kids for Valentine’s Day? Check out these Homemade Valentine’s Heart Suckers! So easy to make with items you likely have around your home already and these cute heart shaped candy molds you can find easily on Amazon.
HOMEMADE VALENTINE’S HEART SUCKERS
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/8 of Unsweetened Kool Aid drink mix (cherry, Black Cherry, Pink Lemonade, etc.)
- 5 Lollipop Sticks
- Spray mold with non stick cooking spray.
- Place sticks in mold and put in freezer until ready to use.
- In a large pan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook on high until you get to 300 (hard crack stage).
- Add 1/8 of the contents of the Kool-Aid packet (amount in paket varies based on flavor).
- Remove from heat and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into molds and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing.
Make all different flavors of these Homemade Valentine’s Day Suckers for your kids or to share with their classrooms this year at all of the fun class parties. Nothing beats making your own favorite flavors of candy! We love watermelon, black cherry and strawberry but your family might go with non traditional flavors like blue raspberry, lemonade or others!
Don’t miss out on all of our great Recipes shared here every day!