When Easter rolls around I always want to give my kids fun treats to help celebrate one of my favorite holidays! These Easter Bunny Mini Donut Treats are a great way to serve up breakfast in a fun and whimsical way that will make them happy and put smiles on everyones faces! These are also a great treat to make with your kids to take to class parties, Sunday School class events and to share with friends and neighbors.
EASTER BUNNY MINI DONUT TREATS
6 Powdered Sugar Mini Donuts
6 Mini Marshmallows
12 Mini Chocolate Chips
6 Red or Pink Mike & Ikes
2 Pink Starbursts
1/4 cup White Melting Chips
12 1 1/2″ pieces Edible Easter Grass
- Knead and flatten each Starburst out into a rectangle.
- cut each into 4 equal width strips.
- Cut each strip in half to make the pink inner ears.
- Using scissors cut 2 sets of rabbit ears from each Marshmallow.
- cut each mini marshmallow in half to make a set of cheeks.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave by heating 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until smooth and melted.
- Place red Mike & Ike in hole in middle.
- Take a bit of white chocolate and “glue” 2 pieces of Easter grass under nose to make whiskers.
- “Glue” cheeks under nose and on top of whiskers.
- “Glue” mini chocolate chips (pointy side down) as eyes above nose.
- Press pink inner ears against sticky part of cut marshmallow.
- Dip end of ear in white chocolate and position on top of donut. You can stack 2 saltine crackers and use these as a support to hold the ears in place while the chocolate sets. If you have trouble getting chocolate to set you can also use a toothpick pushed into ears and into donut to hold in place, BUT warn everyone that they are there. I DO NOT recommend this!