With St. Patrick’s Day coming up soon the kids are always chomping at the bit to make fun crafts and treats to share with their friends. These Easy Marshmallow Leprechaun Hats are sure to be the hit of the party. Not only are they fun to make they are so fun to give to the kids at class parties or to even make just for the family and surprise your kids with as a special treat. Everyone loves chocolate and marshmallows so these are a perfect combination for you to create!
EASY MARSHMALLOW LEPRECHAUN HATS
- 6 Regular Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Dark Cocoa Candy Melting Chips
- 1/4 cup Green Candy Melting Chips
- 6 Fudge Stripe Cookies
- Heat Dark Cocoa Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Insert skewer in a marshmallow.
- Dip marshmallow in melted candy and roll to coat completely.
- Set dipped marshmallow in the middle of a cookie solid chocolate side up.
- Immediately place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
- Heat Green Candy Chips in small bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Transfer Green chocolate to small plastic bag and clip very tiny piece of corner to use for piping.
- Pipe Green hat band around hat.
- Pipe three dots onto way paper and use a toothpick to make a stem. Repeat this to make 6 sharocks.
- Immediately place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set shamrocks.
- Use a dot of green chocolate to “glue” shamrock to hat.
You can easily use any round chocolate cookie for the base on these Easy Marshmallow Leprechaun Hats if you preferred. Whatever flavors your family likes would work wonderfully. Thin mint cookies would be a great flavor combo for this fun treat!
Don’t miss out on all of our great treats and Recipe posts shared here daily!