With Mother’s Day and the end of the school year just around the corner it is time to start thinking about making some fun and easy gifts for the special women in your life. These Easy Homemade Lotion Bars are super easy to throw together and make a great inexpensive personalized gift. Grab some fun soap molds on Amazon or at your local craft store for unique shapes and designs or simply use any container you have around the house to form these great lotion bars that are great for tossing into a gift basket alongside some chocolate and bubble baths! Plus, don’t miss our Lavender Lotion Bar Recipe for another great Homemade Lotion Bar recipe!
EASY HOMEMADE LOTION BARS
Equal Parts of the following:
Almond, Olive or Avocado Oil
- Melt shea butter and beeswax in a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, fill a pot with water and place a glass bowl that is a little smaller on top of the pot, ensuring that the water does not touch the bottom of the glass bowl.
- Once the shea butter and beeswax has completely melted, add in the oil of your choice.
- Pour into a mold (silicon molds are the easiest for removal), and allow to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, remove from mold.
* Shea Butter can get grainy if it gets too hot. To avoid this, melt butter and wax on a low setting.
These fun Easy Homemade Lotion Bars are a great alternative to other store bought lotions and very soothing on extra dry or irritated skin. Most of these butters are available on Amazon at reasonable prices or even in your local health food store or craft store in bulk so you can make large batches to give away to your friends and family.