Easy Homemade Onion Rings
Friday nights out as a teenager sometimes included burgers, fries, onion rings and milkshakes. Every now and then I want to relive those days but don’t have a great place to grab them in my area so I can make Easy Homemade Onion Rings at home. Not only are they the perfect crispy outside with a great flavor but they are much cheaper and more fun than going out to the local burger place and buying them.
TIP: Pair these with our Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing for a delicious treat!
EASY HOMEMADE ONION RINGS
1 large or 2 small Sweet Onions
1 1/2 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
1/4 cup Water
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs
Salt to taste
1 quart Vegetable Oil for frying
- Cut onions into 1/4 inch slices and separate into rings.
- Place onions in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 365-370.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne.
- Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until they are all coated; set aside. Pour the buttermilk from the bowl into the flour mixture add the water, the egg and stir until blended using a fork.
- Dip the floured rings into the batter to coat, then place on a wire rack to drain.
- Spread the bread crumbs out on a plate or shallow dish. Dip the onion rings into the crumbs opn both sides to coat.
- Deep fry a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown (turning midway).
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Salt to taste.
Make these yummy Easy Homemade Onion Rings this week for your family and see them savoring the same treat that brings back such great childhood memories for yourself!
Ranch dressing makes a perfect dip for these Homemade Onion Rings! Check out our favorite homemade ranch recipes! A favorite is this Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing! You’ll also love this Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Mix. Plus, this Homemade French Onion Soup & Ranch Dip Dry Mix makes a great homemade gift set!
Don’t miss out on all of our great Recipes shared here on our site!