One of our favorite BBQ side dishes are these Hearty Crock Pot Baked Beans. Because they have ground beef and bacon in them, they are hearty enough to be a meal in themselves. I have been known to make this dish and serve it up with a side salad or grilled veggies for a meal without any additional “entree” element. So simple to throw together in your crock pot you’ll wonder why you ever purchased the canned variety before.
HEARTY CROCK POT BAKED BEANS
1 lb lean ground beef
1 lb Bacon
1 chopped medium Onion
1 chopped Bell Pepper (any color)
4 medium can Pork and Beans (approx 60 oz total)
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
2 tbsp Mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup Ketchup
1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Brown ground beef with onion and pepper.
- Drain ground beef mixture and add to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients except bacon and stir to mix well.
- cut bacon strips into quarters and fry until fat is rendered out and bacon is slightly browned.
- Add bacon pieces to top of crock pot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Make these hearty crock pot baked beans for your family this weekend. Throw some chicken on the grill and add a side of corn on the cob for a simple and tasty traditional BBQ feast everyone will love!