The holidays often mean tons of yummy food with equally large portions of leftovers. Here are some great Ways To Use Leftover Turkey that are simple, yummy and great for spicing up your meal times. We aren’t including specific recipe instructions, but simple ideas of places to substitute turkey. While some of these may not seem that different, others may have never crossed your mind.
WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER TURKEY
- Turkey Salad Sandwiches: Mayonnaise, Diced onion, celery and walnuts along with some dried cranberries and seasoning go great on toasted wheat bread.
- Turkey Enchiladas: Mix with garlic, cumin and a pinch of chili powder and roll into corn tortillas. Cover with enchilada sauce and cheese to bake.
- Turkey Fried Rice: Rice, mixed vegetable, shredded turkey and soy sauce fried until crsipy and delicious.
- Turkey Pot Pie: Shredded turkey, mixed vegetables and cream of mushroom soup go great between pie crusts for a yummy turkey pot pie.
- Sweet & Sour Turkey: Turkey reheated and covered in your favorite bottled sweet and sour sauce is great served over rice with a side of steamed vegetables.
- Turkey & Noodles: Shredded turkey mixed with chicken broth, egg noodles and some fresh carrots and celery make a hearty meal.
- Turkey Fajitas: Mix in with sliced onions, peppers and seasoning to serve with all the traditional fixings.
- Turkey Tacos: Season and load into a crispy corn tortilla shell with lettuce, tomato and cheese
- Turkey Noodle Soup: Substitute for chicken in your favorite chicken noodle soup recipe
- Turkey & Rice: Shredded turkey mixed with rice and your favorite cream soup for a yummy one bowl dish.
This is just a small list of the things you can do with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Not only can you keep these ways to use leftover turkey in mind for after the holidays, these are also great recipes to us when you stock up on great sale priced turkeys and turkey breasts before the holidays arrive.
Looking for something special to go with your leftover Turkey? Check out our homemade Caramel Dip for Apples recipe! The easy homemade caramel dip is perfect on fruits, desserts, and more! The perfect addition to your leftover Turkey meal!
See all our great recipes here: Recipes